Joining the League of Women Voters is a great way to get involved in your community and play an active role in our democracy.
Our volunteers (both men and momen) work year round to:
- register new voters,
- host community forums and debates,
- provide voters with election information they need,
- study issues that affect our communities and take positions on those issues when appropriate,
- engage at local and state levels on legislative priorities and on efforts to improve our election process.
There are several levels to get involved:
Become a member
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
1. BECOME A MEMBER
If you feel that you want to actively participate in planning and doing the work of the League in our community, we're happy to welcome you.
Membership in the League of Women Voters is open to men and women 16 years of age and above. You do not have to be a citizen to belong.
How do I join?
- If you're a full-time student:
- If you're not a student, and you're new to the League, you and other members of your household can:
- Join online, using a credit card or your PayPal® membership:
- or print, fill out, and mail a paper form to pay by check:
New Member - Join by Mail
RENEW (for the September member renewal)
If you're a current member and want to renew your annual membership you can:
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
3. KEEP INFORMED
If you're not quite ready to join, we'd still be happy to share with you information via email. Choose from any (or all) of the following:
1. Election Updates
- short updates on when and how election information will be available, including candidate forums and Pro/Con presentations about state propositions and local measures
2. The VOTER Newsletter
- published 10 times a year, our email newsletter provides lots of information about local and national issues and elections, as well as notices of events happening in our area
3. General Interest
- email updates that don't fall in the other two categories
To receive updates from the Cupertino-Sunnyvale League of Women Voters, click the button:
To also receive updates from the California statewide League of Women Voters, click the button:
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
STILL UNDECIDED ABOUT MEMBERSHIP?
Here's a few FAQs.
Why Should I Join?
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- develop lasting friendships and make professional contacts as you meet others in League who share your interests
How much time does it take?
- Many members choose to support the League with just their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change.
- If you want to become more involved, there are many things our members do, including:
- Register new voters
- Inform voters through local candidate forums
- Inform voters about proposed measures and propositions through "Pro/Con" presentations
- Play a part in choosing the issues that our League will study and advocate about
- Participate in study groups that work to understand and make recommendations for action on current issues
- Engage in advocacy groups that take action on our League positions
- Support our work behind the scenes - do you have expertise in an area such as:
- Writing or editing
- Social media
- Website content or maintenance
- Public speaking
- Member recruiting and retention
- Donor relations
- Event planning
What do I get from membership?
- You automatically become a member of
- the Cupertino-Sunnyvale League
- the Bay Area Inter-League Organization
- LWV of California
- and LWV of the United States
- You have a voice and a vote in what issues our League choses to study and to advocate.
- You are adding your voice to a powerful force of League members from all 50 states and Washington DC.
- You will enjoy the company of other bright and informed people as you find one or many ways to contribute to the efforts of the League.